Make sure infants in your care are sleeping safely by following current guidelines.
Do you know:
• What is appropriate equipment for infant sleep?
• What is recommended safe sleep clothing for infants?
• The risks of swaddling in child care
On December 10, 2015, ECELS and Cribs for Kids® presented a webinar on how to implement safe sleep practices and policy. Presenters included:
• Eileen Tyrala, MD, FAAP, Medical Director, Cribs for Kids®
• Eileen M. Carlins, MSW, LSW, Director of Support and Education, Cribs for Kids®
Objectives — At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the relationship between the rate of infant deaths and child care.
2. Explain Caring for Our Children, 3rd Edition Standards related to safe sleep in child care.
3. Implement a safe sleep policy to reduce the risk of sleep-related deaths for infants.
4. Identify resources to share with staff and families.
This webinar is designed for Child Care Program Directors and Teachers/Caregivers. Family Child Care Providers, Child Care Health Advocates, Child Care Health Consultants, STARS and Infant Toddler Specialists, Specialty Discipline Instructors, MIECHV Home Visitors and Head Start Health Coordinators and staff. Participants will receive 1.5 hours of professional development credit for participating and completing an evaluation. PA Key and Act 48 credit are available for the recorded webinar. To view the recorded webinar click here