Water beads can be deadly to babies and small children if ingested

Water beads can be deadly to babies and small children if ingested, and can lead to choking, internal injuries and even death if left undetected notes the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). 

The CPSC urges parents and caregivers to remove these products from any environment with children. CPSC also urges childcare centers, camps, and schools to avoid these products entirely. If you suspect your child has swallowed a water bead or inserted a water bead into their ear or nose, seek medical treatment right away.

For more information:

Water Beads | CPSC.gov

Water Beads: Harmful if Swallowed, Put in Ears - HealthyChildren.org

Are Water Beads Dangerous? | Poison Control

Report any dangerous product or a product-related injury & experiences with water beads on SaferProducts.gov.

You can additionally help to promote awareness with this printable poster SafetyAlert_5101_WaterBeads_092023_v6.pdf (cpsc.gov) 

CPSC Safety Alert: Water Beads