The Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) and ECELS presented a webinar in June 2015 using the American Academy of Pediatrics Healthy Futures Medication Administration training. To administer medication, early care and education (ECE) providers must comply with laws, regulations, and best practice. This two-part webinar is designed to educate early care and education providers who give children medication but are not licensed health care professionals. Participants will receive 3 hours of PA Key professional development credit for listening to both sessions and completing the evaluation. To listen to Part One, click here. To listen to Part Two, click here. PowerPoint handouts and documents are posted for each session and one Evaluation is posted below. (Note: Webinar is currently being updated.)
• Susan S. Aronson, MD, FAAP - ECELS Founder and former Pediatric Advisor
• Rosemarie Halt, RPh, MPH, BS ECELS Child Care Health Consultant
Objectives — At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Meet the caregiver training requirements in Caring for Our Children: National Health and Safety Performance Standards,3rd ed.
2. Identify different types of medication, why medication is given, and how it is given.
3. Improve medication storage, preparation, administration, and documentation procedures.
4. Recognize and respond to adverse reactions to medication.
5. Develop and implement policies for medication administration.